Brewery Mechanic / Maintenance Technician - San Diego
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
Athletic Brewing’s maintenance team is looking for a maintenance technician responsible for maintaining and repairing brewery equipment. This role must be critically aware of industry best practices, safety procedures, and proper repair SOPs.
- Develop and maintain Preventative Maintenance and Comprehensive Cleaning plan for all ABC equipment and facilities. Should be broken down on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual plan.
- Respond to production questions and issues and follows up as needed with supervisors and managers.
- Assess job hazards. Write, execute, audit, and improve the required safety permits. Including LOTO, line break, hot work, and confined space.
- Ensure maintenance areas are clean and orderly. Ensure proper cleanup after completed maintenance work.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in brewing, packing, and support equipment. Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more area of the process.
- Observe equipment in operation to prevent/diagnose potential problems. Identify, suggest, and discuss solutions to equipment and facility issues with management.
- Execute and track all PM on all facility equipment.
- Execute and track all Comprehensive Cleaning at ABC facilities
- Works with third parties to ensure all PM is executed on all equipment not owned/operated by ABC
- Working with Brewing, Food Safety and Q/A, Packing and Facility team on projects to improve functionality, efficiency and safety.
- Work with vendors and contractors to execute planned repairs, installs, expansions and upgrades.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are:
- Working knowledge of brewery equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
Skills and Experience:
- Centrifuge, Centrifugal Pump, Air Compressor, Canning Line, Brewing systems,
- Depalletizer, Date Coder, Labeler, Glycol Chillers, Forklifts (PIT’s), Augers, Mill,
- Central drains, Silo’s, Boilers, Valves, Pneumatics, HMI’s, Trucks, Pasteurizer,
- conveyance, rigging, etc.
- Technical Experience in:
- Chemical engineering
- Location: San Diego / Stratford Breweries
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- To apply click here
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.