Last modified: March 2, 2023
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Sites.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including information:
- About your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and the cookies that are installed on your device, (“Device Information”);
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address (including shipping and billing address), payment information (including credit card numbers PayPal, Apple Pay), e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”); and/or
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our Sites, cart information, and information about how you interact with our Sites (collectively, with Device Information and Personal Information, your “Information”).
We collect this Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The Information we collect on or through our Sites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites. This includes Information provided at the time of registering to use any of our Sites, subscribing through any of our Sites, posting reviews of our products, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for Information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with any of our Sites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through any of our Sites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through any of our Sites.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide Information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of our Sites including reviews of our products (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Sites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Please note that we do not alter our Sites’ data collection and use practices when we see a DNT from your browser.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. Flash cookie settings may be managed in your Adobe Flash Player settings.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Sites and their contents to you.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your order and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To fulfill any orders placed through any of our Sites (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- To provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To provide, support, personalize, optimize, and develop our Sites, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience on our Sites and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Sites, third-party sites, direct mail, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Sites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Sites, products, and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- For any other purpose permitted by law.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and Information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (including Shopify, Google Analytics, Belardi Wong ALC, LLC and FullStory).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of the Company’s assets or business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Information held by the Company about our Sites’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging Information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your Information:
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your Information collected or used in this way. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
YOUR STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://athleticbrewing.com/pages/california-privacy-policy.
In addition, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information;
- Access and delete certain personal information;
- Data portability; and
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose; and
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Nevada also provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Sites’ data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
DATA RETENTION AND SECURITY
When you place an order through any of our Sites, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
We use Shopify to power our online store and to process payment card transactions. To learn more about Shopify’s privacy policies please visit: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
The safety and security of your Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Sites such as review pages. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Sites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to our Sites. Any transmission of Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Sites.
We are based in the State of Connecticut in the United States. We provide our Sites for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that any of our Sites or any of the content on any of our Sites is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to our Sites may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access any of our Sites from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: Athletic Brewing Company LLC, 75 Cascade Boulevard, Milford, CT 06460.