Tofu Stir-Fry with Soba Noodles
With a rich miso-sesame stir-fry sauce, this vegetarian noodle stir-fry makes a quick and easy dinner any night of the week.
- Pair With: Cerveza Atletica
- Time: 35 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 8 oz extra-firm tofu, drained well and cubed
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 4 baby bok choy, quartered
- 8 oz soba noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Thai chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk together vinegar, miso paste, tahini paste, soy sauce, 2 tbsp water, hot sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic and ginger until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet set over high heat; cook tofu for 3 to 5 minutes or until tofu starts to brown. Transfer to plate. Add broccoli and sliced carrots; cook, stirring, for 2 to 5 minutes or starting to soften. Stir in bok choy; cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp. Return tofu to pan.
- Pour in stir-fry sauce; bring to boil. Add soba noodles, tossing for 1 to 2 minutes or until noodles are well coated and veggies are tender. Divide between 2 plates. Garnish with green onions, chili pepper and sesame seeds.
Tip: Alternatively, serve tofu stir-fry over brown rice.