Loaded with zesty vegetarian toppings, this yummy pizza is an explosion of flavor in every bite.
Pairing: Run Wild IPA
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 lb store-bought pizza dough
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 jar (6 oz) jarred marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers, drained well
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh fennel
- 8 pitted black olives, halved
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 6 sprigs fennel fronds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500˚F. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit 15-inch round baking pan. Transfer to lightly floured baking pan, stretching to fit.
- Spread tomato sauce over dough, leaving 1/2-inch border around edge. Sprinkle with basil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Top with mozzarella slices, artichoke hearts, red peppers, onions, fennel, olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with hot pepper flakes.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Garnish with fennel fronds (if using).
Tip: To slice fennel and onions evenly and thinly, use a mandoline.
per 1/2 pizza
- Calories: 640
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 1880mg
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 22g