Wild Ginger Cider Punch
As seen on
Heavily-hopped Run Wild IPA is loaded with lots of different flavors, most notably citrus and pine. Its nuance and full body make it ideal for adding flavor to a spirit-less cocktail. Run Wild’s hoppiness pairs beautifully with bright, fragrant orange and earthy apple cider, while homemade ginger syrup turns it into a punchy drink with festive flare. Thanks to Outside Magazine for this recipe.
- Pair With: Run Wild
- Serves: 2
- 1 navel orange
- 4 ounces apple cider
- 12 ounces (1 can) Athletic Brewing Co. Run Wild IPA
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- 3 ounces fresh ginger (about 4 inches)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Make the ginger syrup: Wash and roughly chop ginger and place in a blender with sugar and water. Blend until ginger is pureéd and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl or container. Press on the solids to extract as much syrup as possible before discarding them. The recipe makes about 1 ½ cups of syrup, which will keep covered in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Use a paring knife or vegetable peeler to peel two 3x1-inch strips off the orange. Slice the orange in half and juice 2 ounces (1/4 cup) from it.
- Place ice cubes in two rocks glasses. Divide apple cider, orange juice, and 1 ounce of ginger syrup between the glasses, stir, and top them off with Run Wild IPA.
- Rub an orange peel around the rim of each glass and then drop it into the drink. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.