Seared Tuna Bowl With Peanut Sauce
With seared tuna and sushi rice, this satisfying power bowl is both hearty and healthy.
- Pair With: Run Wild
- Time: 40 minutes (+ 15 minutes standing time)
- Serves: 2
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp each salt and granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Run Wild IPA
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 8 oz sushi grade tuna
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/2 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- Cook rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, toss together radishes, carrot, cucumbers, vinegar, salt and sugar. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly pickled; set aside.
- For peanut sauce, combine peanut butter, coconut milk, Run Wild IPA, soy sauce, lime juice, curry paste, brown sugar and ginger in small saucepan set over medium heat; bring to boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Pat tuna dry with paper towel and rub with 1 tsp oil. Heat heavy-bottomed skillet set over high heat. When pan is hot, heat 1 tbsp oil until shimmering; cook tuna for 30 to 60 seconds per side or until seared on the outside but still rare on the inside, or until cooked as desired. Let tuna stand for 5 minutes; slice across the grain.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet set over medium-high heat; cook spinach for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- Divide rice among 2 shallow bowls. Top with seared tuna slices, sautéed spinach, pickled vegetables and avocado. Drizzle with peanut sauce.
Tip: Substitute sushi-grade salmon or sautéed shrimp for tuna.