All Out Stout Brownies
Made with gluten-free flour and shredded beets, these rich and fudgy brownies are sweetened with natural sugars and simply dusted with cocoa powder to finish.
- Pair With: All Out
- Time: 40 minutes (+ 4 hours chilling time)
- Serves: 9
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, plus more dusting
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 oz unsweetened baker’s chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed shredded beets
- 1/4 cup All Out Stout
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan and line with enough parchment paper to overhang edges; set aside. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt and baking powder; set aside.
- Melt chopped chocolate and coconut oil in heatproof bowl set over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut sugar, maple syrup and molasses. Let cool slightly.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in beets, All Out Stout and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture until combined. Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until only a few moist crumbs adhere to toothpick inserted into center.
- Let cool completely in pan on rack. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Using parchment paper as handles, transfer to cutting board. Dust with cocoa powder. Cut into squares to serve.
Tip: Fold in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts if desired.