All Out Float
As seen on
Part drink, part dessert, this float is the perfect nightcap. Instead of root beer, pour a bold, smooth, and complex All Out Extra Dark over a glass of rich and creamy ice cream (non-dairy options work too) for an ice cream float with a bite. This recipe from Outside Magazine also works well with salted caramel ice cream or coffee ice cream, which lends an affogato—an Italian dessert of coffee served over ice cream—vibe to the float. Finish the ice cream with a drizzle of chocolate syrup that plays off of All Out’s chocolatey notes and malt aroma and mellows out some of the bitterness.
- Pair With: All Out
- Serves: 2
- 1 pint pumpkin spice, coffee, or salted caramel ice cream
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) chocolate syrup
- 24 ounces (2 cans) All Out Extra Dark
- Scoop ice cream into two chilled pint glasses and drizzle with chocolate syrup
- Slowly pour 1 can of All Out into each glass, stopping as needed to let the foam subside before adding more.
- Serve with straws and long spoons.