Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor - Stratford, CT
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
The primary role of this position is to lead a team through professional and effective communication and inspire teamwork to reach a common goal that supports both individuals and company growth. To be successful in this role you will be asked to optimize current processes, delegate tasks, lead by example, develop and execute a daily SOPs. As a leader, clear communication of expectations to team members, and regular coaching will play a vital role in the success of this role.
- Creates and manages the daily work plan with partnership with the Warehouse and Logistics Manager.
- Ensures all team members are prepared with the necessary tools and training required to complete daily tasks in a healthy, safe, positive, and productive work environment.
- Develops SOPs with the Warehouse and Logistics Manager and leads by example through strict adherence to Warehouse SOPs and standards.
- Adheres and hold team members accountable to all Athletic Brewing and OSHA safety standards and guidelines.
- Maintains accurate raw material and finished good inventory levels by properly executing SOPs for the transferring, receiving, and shipping of inventory items.
- Plans, schedules, and executes inventory cycle counts in Crafted on a weekly basis.
- Confirms and schedules outbound shipments and transfers of packaged goods to distributors and Athletic Brewing warehouses.
- Confirms and schedules pickups and delivery of raw materials with vendors.
- Recognizes and immediately communicates inventory variances that could have a large financial impact on the company or disrupt production schedules to the Warehouse and Logistics Manager.
- Refers to and updates the Shipping & Receiving calendar regularly.
- Executes accurate and efficient shipping and receiving of finished goods and raw materials according to SOPs and the FIFO policy.
- Supports, follows, and enforces company GMPs and safety standards.
- Effectively manages projects, tasks, and responsibilities assigned by the Warehouse and Logistics Manager.
- Maintains a professional, positive, productive, solution driven, can-do attitude.
- Maintains overall cleanliness and organization of the entire Warehouse department.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Desired Experience / Traits:
Who You Are:
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and results-driven with a commitment to quality.
- Demonstrate leadership and facilitate communication both inside and outside of the warehouse and logistics department.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Personal curiosity in improving systems.
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers.
- Passionate interest in the brewing industry and community.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing and supply chain (inventory management and warehouse shipping and receiving).
- 2 years experience in a leadership role managing people including hiring, developing, and directing people as they work.
- 2-5 years of proven experience managing inventory and order reconciliation
- 2 years experience in logistics, managing freight, and scheduling of inbound and outbound shipments.
- Forklift certification and minimum 2 years’ forklift experience
- Strong technical understanding of machinery and sanitation.
- Exceptional analytical, root-cause-analysis, and decision-making abilities
- Experience working in conjunction with other departments to manage product ordering, inventory control, and distribution
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Location: Stratford, CT
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- To apply, email email@example.com with the subject – Packaging Manager.
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.