We are looking for a User-experience/User interface (UX/UI) designer and researcher able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The Senior UX/UI designer/researcher will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
We are looking for a jack of all trades to build the UX/UI function from scratch in a high-growth start-up environment. This is an incredible opportunity to concept and design strategic features for our customers and our eCommerce channel. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver. You passionately represent the voice of the user and seek to become an expert by diving into data, performing user tests and staying on top of emerging best practices. You are a self-starter who enjoys wearing many hats and enjoys the fast-paced growth.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Research, conceive, sketch, prototype, and user-test experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Be mobile-first minded.
- Partner closely with Marketing & Creative teams to create best in class experiences.
- Develop design standard for Engineering to follow.
- Understand tradeoffs between perfect design and time to market with Engineering.
- Become in-house expert of industry trends and best practices for user experience.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- Partner closely with Product Management on concepting and ideating new product features.
- Implement UX/UI best practices and build out understanding for the UX function across the company.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are:
- Honest, Dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate.
- Ability to work with Product Management to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions clearly and effectively to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Flexibility to changes in scope, direction and/or new ideas.
- Ability to move quickly on feature requests.
- Top-notch communication skills and ability to partner with cross-functional teammates.
- Ability to receive and act on feedback to wireframes and mockups.
- Curious and motivated to learn and take on different functions of the business as needed.
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Exudes empathy for the user in order to bring best in class features to the market.
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude.
- Firmly advocates for the user experience and represents the voice of our users.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- 3-5 years or more of UX design experience
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Experience in building new processes from scratch.
- Candidates with start-up experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Location: Remote (welcome at breweries in San Diego and Connecticut anytime!)
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- We value internal mobility and team equity
- To apply, email email@example.com with the subject UX / UI Designer position.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- May sit/stand for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.