Safety Manager-East Coast
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
- Update and implement safety programs and procedures which ensures compliance with all local, state, federal, requirements.
- Assist with the implementation of a comprehensive facility safety education and training program designed to protect the safety of personnel in various working environments.
- Maintain safety reporting systems, and ensure compliance with the latest governmental, industry, and Athletic Brewing safety initiatives.
- Provide safety training and onboarding for new hires.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on worker protection and safety.
- Investigate all safety-related events in a timely manner and appropriately communicate identified corrective actions.
- Conduct and oversee facility safety, health, and environmental audits. Create documentation/reports of audit findings and recommendations in a timely manner.
- Maintain and promote professional business relationships with all Athletic Brewing Team Members.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits:
Who You Are:
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, listening, critical thinking, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Honest, Dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate.
- Skills and Experience:
- Experience: 3+ years experience in Safety, Health, and Environmental management field required. Experience with direct employee supervision is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local/City occupational safety, health, hazardous waste, stormwater, air, and wastewater regulations.
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs, Slide, and Sheets
- Certificates, Licenses, registrations: BCSP Certification required. Current First Aid, AED, and CPR trained are preferred.
- Travel Requirements: Must be able to travel around the country.
- Location: Based out of Milford Ct.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Company Paid health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- To apply click here
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
● The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
● May sit/stand for several hours at a time.
● Frequent change and/or interruptions, responding to highly stressful situations requiring immediate action, independent judgment, and superior problem-solving abilities.
● Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
● Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.