QA Lab Technician - Milford, CT
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
We are looking for the perfect teammate to add to our talented Lab & QA/QC team. Quality is our core tenet, and you will be joining an already talented team with brewers and lab personnel from breweries large and small. The company is rapidly expanding our footprint, and we expect responsibilities in this position to continue to grow over time. Additionally, this position will entail performing lab-based and sensory-based quality tests. There will be ample opportunity for R&D to improve and iterate on existing processes.
- Aseptic sampling from tanks
- Forecasting yeast requirements/pitch rates
- Yeast checks (cell density, pH, viability)
- Data analysis and data entry into ERP system
- Making and pouring growth media
- Plating and other basic microbiological tasks
- Maintenance and cleaning of brewery equipment (Alcolyzer, spectrophotometer, DO meter, Handheld density meter, pH meter, ext.)
- Clearing tanks/product for release to filtration/packaging/shipping
- Organizing and running sensory panels
- Collects, organizes, and maintains a working archive of products
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits:
- BS in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or equivalent degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year work experience/internship in brewery/food production QA
- Cellar/Brewhouse work experience also preferred
- Basic microbiological lab proficiency (media production, plating, interpreting results, aseptic technique)
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail
- Ability to execute multiple projects
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of working in a warehouse and in the field - safely lift, climb stairs, clean, etc
- Independent operator - disciplined and self-driven
- Personal curiosity in improving systems
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Excel or Google sheets.
- Location: Milford, CT
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Company Paid health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – West Coast QA & Lab Technician
- We value internal mobility and team equity
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.