Athletic Brewing Company is seeking a versatile, knowledgeable, and process-driven Purchasing Manager who is excited to support a rapidly growing and maturing innovator in the craft beer market. Athletic Brewing is pioneering a revolution in non-alcoholic craft beer. Working closely with various department heads and finance team members, the Purchasing Manager will navigate shaping the company’s procurement function and also running the transactions to ensure Athletic is buying in line with the ‘Five Rights’ and with special emphasis on not compromising quality. We would love to further discuss our vision for the brand, its influence, and how you can be an integral part of that playing out.
Develops and implements purchasing strategies based on forecasted demands, market trends, prices, buyers, and delivery conditions to anticipate future material availability.
Manages daily purchasing activities and processes for supplies, materials, and parts for all channels of the company (e.g. brewing supplies, packaging materials, shipping materials, equipment, etc).
Optimizes existing workflows and functions within Athletic’s ERP system (NetSuite-based) and related policies to accommodate higher-volume, greater-frequency, and multi-departmental transactions.
Develops and maintains the vendor and inventory database(s) for supplies and materials used across all facilities and 3PLs including: items list, purchase records, etc. w/in the system of record.
Partners with department heads to manage supplier relationships and engage in negotiations and QBRs as needed and to maintain optimal cost and delivery timelines.
Partners with special projects teams and various departments (Sales, Production, eCommerce, Operations, etc.), to ensure inventory control methods are built and running to support core business functions and timely purchasing activities.
Communicates with vendors to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
Educates and trains any participants in the purchasing process and workflows on how to operate within the software and systems.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
College degree in business administration, accounting, supply chain management, logistics, or a related field
Three years experience as a Purchasing Specialist, Purchasing Manager, Sourcing Analyst, or similar role required
- Previous experience in beer preferred
NetSuite or SAP software experience required.
Experience in the brewing industry or CPG space a plus.
Proficient with G-Suite or related software.
Strong communication, process management, and organizational skills.
Skills and Traits
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to Detail
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers, vendors, and team members
- Independent operator--disciplined, organized, and self-driven
- Good communicator and team player
- Ability to build meaningful relationships with new contracts
- Passion for solving problems big and small
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- May be asked to travel to visit vendors or different company locations.
- Location: Stratford, CT or San Diego, CA
- Salary: Commensurate with experience- Base Salary with opportunities for performance bonus
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity
- Email email@example.com to apply with subject Procurement Manager
- We are an equal opportunity employer - we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community