Packaging Lead Job Description
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
Packaging Leads are responsible for running a shift of employees and overseeing the completion of daily production goals. Leads must be fully trained on all machines and capable of completing all procedures and standards of the lines per Athletic Brewing standards with minimal supervision. Employees work in an industrial setting and will be around machinery, loud noises, and moving forklifts. Packaging Leads are responsible for advanced CIP procedures, as well as proper data tracking and logging. Leads will be the main source of on-the-job training for new employees, as well as the first line of supervisors for their team.
- Operate advanced equipment on a packaging line.
- Work to improve upon processes based around efficiency and minimal product loss.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment following OSHA and company guidelines.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete production adjustments based on changing needs of the business.
- Must be able to complete most tasks with minimal supervision.
- Be able to assist with management in ensuring all team breaks and lunches are taken within company guidelines.
- Communicate management updates and changes as appropriate.
- Perform minor preventative and appropriate maintenance on all machinery concerning quality, safety, waste monitoring, training records, and other related maintenance as necessary.
- May be required to assist Supervisors with training and certifying other employees.
- Perform opening and or closing utilities procedures.
- Conduct CIP on all types of production equipment to include but not limited to Canning line and kegging equipment.
- Enforce company and OSHA safety standards.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are
- Honest, Dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as with others
Skills and Experience:
- Experience: 3+ years experience on a beverage packaging line
- 2+ years experience with fillers and conveyance systems
- This position will be for the Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday shift, with working hours ranging from 8-10 hours per day.
- High school Diploma/GED/registered equivalent
- Location: San Diego, CA.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary, commission, and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- We value internal mobility and team equity
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.