Key Accounts Manager - On Premise
Athletic Brewing’s national accounts team is looking for a Key Accounts Manager to lead our national ON-PREMISE efforts and strategy. With the inevitable return of the on-premise channel, we are looking for someone to be the voice for not only Athletic but for the N/A category as a whole. This role must be critically aware of industry best practices, segment competition, and craft beer strategies. Accomplishing this requires the demonstrated ability to develop effective presentations which include IRI/data analysis and to deliver solution-based recommendations that will positively affect both the business of our ONP partners and our own business.
- Build working relationships with distributor NAM’s and chain beverage directors
- Evaluate new opportunities, approach decision makers, and present the Athletic brand with efficient and powerful sales stories
- Provide total account management; sell-in corporate programs and brand promotions.
- Utilize data to track and analyze both Athletic Brewing and competitive performance in key accounts, identify opportunities for growth, and guide personal activities and efforts
- Create annual sales plans, track volume and manage promotional spend/budget by account and staying within budgetary guidelines
- Manage the communication and execution of programs, promotional activity, merchandising plans, and new placements through the Athletic sales force and distributor network
- Keep our chain contacts and distributor NAM’s up to date with market trends, Athletic news, and anything else that would be valuable to share.
- Understand and utilize retail databases to sell with facts.
- Monitoring customer, market, and competitive activity and provide feedback to NAM team.
- Coordinates with marketing team to develop chain-specific marketing and advertising plans.
- Provides forecast to operations team to ensure dependable supply of product
- Create and maintain profile for each core chain
- Report monthly business status to the director of national accounts including issues, opportunities and progress vs. plans
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of sales experience with a combination of distributors and suppliers required
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive sales experience in the beverage space with a demonstrated track record of success as a key/national accounts manager
- Candidates with experience and/or relationships with some or all national ONP accounts – Buffalo Wild Wings, California Pizza Kitchen, Dardin Group, Cheesecake Factory, Bloomin Brands, Sports venues, Top Golf, etc will have a significant advantage in landing this role.
Skills and Traits:
- Working knowledge of syndicated data and its application to building winning sales stories
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as with NAM team
- Effective communication, presentation, follow-up, administrative, and organizational skills.
- High level of expertise in analyzing information and making informative based recommendations.
- Conducts work in a sitting position primarily; however, job requires walking, bending, stooping, and lifting.
- Significant travel and driving is expected
- Location: Work from home/road (welcome at breweries anytime!)
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
- To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject KAM On Premise
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.