Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
We are looking for an IT Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs. This is an incredible opportunity to build the Information Technology function from scratch at a high-growth start up. The successful candidate will have a proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
- Create and manage information technology processes and computer systems by developing policies around rollout and risk and compliance planning.
- Manage day to day processes all while developing process improvements to build in efficiencies and automation.
- Oversee outsourced vendors & partners.
- Build, manage, and maintain a ticket system that can be used cross functionally across the organization including but not limited to: HR (onboarding/offboarding/change) and IT Requests.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Partner on facility buildouts, including IT needs.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are:
- Honest, Dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate.
- Flexibility to changes in scope, direction and/or new ideas
- Ability to move quickly on requests
- Curious and motivated to learn and take on different functions of the business as needed
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent communication skills.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Expertise in data center management and data governance.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Ability to manage personnel.
- Experience in building new processes from scratch.
- Candidates with start-up experience preferred.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field.
- Location: San Diego or Connecticut (Requested to travel between locations as needed)
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary, commission, and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- We value internal mobility and team equity
- To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – IT Manager position.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- May sit/stand for several hours at a time.
- Frequent change and/or interruptions, responding to highly stressful situations requiring immediate action, independent judgment, and superior problem-solving abilities.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.