Human Resources Generalist
Athletic Brewing Co. is seeking an enthusiastic and welcoming team member to join the human resources team as a Human Resources Generalist. This individual will be responsible for maintaining current HR systems and administrative tasks, responding courteously and timely to team member inquiries, and assisting in hiring the best talent. In this role you will be working with Human Resources Director to contribute significantly to the growth of this exciting part of our business.
- Supports the HR department in implementing programs that help improve the overall employee experience.
- Works closely with HR team to ensure employee management systems are maintained and followed at throughout the company.
- Performs routine HR tasks, including, but not limited to: employee leaves; disciplinary matters; performance and talent management; termination and severance letters; training and development.
- Reviews and responds to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation in a timely fashion.
- Attends and participates in team member disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations and escalates issues accordingly.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Works with leadership to support the administration of the company safety program including monthly safety initiatives, workers compensation claims, return to work program, etc.
- Manages and ensure required trainings have been completed.
- Supports leadership with recruiting assistance including but not limited to: reviewing/filtering resumes; scheduling interviews; and following up with candidates.
- Helps leadership understand relevant company policies, programs, and procedures.
- Provides support and guidance on employee relations issues and activities.
- Provides administrative support to the human resources function including but not limited to: record-keeping, file maintenance, and HRIS data entry.
- Answers team members requests and questions in a timely fashion.
- Researches and recommended best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience working in a Human Resources position required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources field, including employee relations, leaves of absence, training, discipline/terminations, etc required
- Understanding of CT and federal employment regulations required and understanding of CA regulations preferred
- Personal curiosity in improving skills
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, listening, critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills
- Honest, Dependable, high integrity, team-player and passionate
- May sit/stand for several hours at a time.
- Frequent change and/or interruptions, responding to highly stressful situations requiring immediate action, independent judgment, and superior problem-solving abilities.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
- Location: Stratford, CT (Option to work remote 1 or 2 days a week per manager discretion)
- Salary: Commensurate with experience- Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, STD/LTD, 401k
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Human Resources Generalist” to apply
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we can champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.