Give Dry A Try Giveaway Terms & Conditions
ATHLETIC BREWING COMPANY DRY JANUARY 2023 SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALCOHOL IS NOT PART OF ANY PRIZE. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR TIKTOK. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 21 years of age or older. U.S. Territory Exclusions include: American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Employees, officers and directors of Athletic Brewing Company LLC (“Sponsor”), Avid Marketing Group (“Administrator”), and (as applicable), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and divisions, prize suppliers, retailers and other entities involved in any way in offering the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) as well as the immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling, spouse, regardless of where they live) and same household members (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are NOT eligible for the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Period: December 26, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) – January 31, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Administrator’s computer is the official clock for all purposes of the Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor and Administrator
Sponsor: Athletic Brewing Company LLC, 75 Cascade Blvd, Milford, CT 06460
Administrator: Avid Marketing Group, P.O. Box 1008, Rocky Hill, CT 06067-1008
- Entry Method No. 1 – Visit https://athleticbrewing.com/pages/give-dry-a-try-giveaway (The “Sweepstakes Website”). Complete the entry form on the site by following the on-screen instructions and providing your name, date of birth, state, email address, and mailing address.
- To Earn an Additional Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, an entrant must: (i) either (a) click on the “Start Sharing” button in Sponsor’s promotional email to be connected to Sponsor’s page or (b) go directly to Sponsor’s page (the “Invite Page”); (ii) enter the entrant’s email address to launch the Share Platform; and (iii) use the Share Platform to invite friends and family via Email, Messenger, and/or Facebook (the “Invite”). Upon sending five (5) Invites, an entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The Invite must be generated directly from the Share Platform on the Invite Page. Invites that occur outside of the Share Platform and Invite Page will be void for purposes of entering the Sweepstakes.
**You must be a registered member of Instagram, Facebook or Twitter in order to participate in the Sweepstakes via Entry Method No. 1, Section C. Membership on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter is free. For optimal use of the Instagram service, a compatible mobile device is required to download the Instagram app. Wireless Internet access and/or other fees may apply (if accessing Instagram, Facebook or Twitter via mobile device). Consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to use mobile device and enter Sweepstakes. Wireless Internet access is not available in all areas.)
- Entry Method No. 2 – Text “DRY” to 25708. The entrant will be required to Opt-in and consent to communication from Athletic Brewing Company LLC in order to receive the text entry method. You will then receive a text message to verify date of birth. Once verified, visit the Sweepstakes Website provided via text from 25708 and complete entry using Method 1. You will be charged for all text messages sent and received from your mobile device according to the terms in your individual calling plan with your cellular provider. All entrants using Entry Method No. 2 must have a text messaging two-way capable mobile device and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Standard text messaging fees may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Text messaging service is not available in all areas.
Limit five (5) entries per person during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of total number of Invites. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for entries that are late, lost, illegible, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, that contain false information, that are generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in these Official Rules. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address for purposes of entry into the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated program or method to enter will result in disqualification of all associated entries and of the person/account responsible for such entries.
- Entry Restrictions
Before entering, please review Sponsor’s privacy policies at https://athleticbrewing.com/pages/privacy-policy and https://athleticbrewing.com/pages/california-privacy-policy setting forth Sponsor’s approach to data privacy and data protection including the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. Information submitted with an entry is subject to such policies.
By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects.
Limit of five (5) entries per person total during the Sweepstakes Period.
Use of automated, programmed and like means of entry are prohibited and will result in all entries effected via such means being voided.
Proof of transmission of entry information does NOT constitute proof of Sponsor’s/Administrator’s receipt of same or proof of entry in the Sweepstakes.
Additional Entry Restrictions: No entry will be provided if (1) you fail to timely respond to any request for additional information/material or (2) should Sponsor/Administrator conclude in their sole discretion that any such information/material provided in response to any such request is unreliable or inadequate.
In the event of dispute, on-line entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
Mobile Device Entry Restrictions: If entering via mobile website, wireless carrier may impose Internet access and other fees, which are the entrant’s sole responsibility; in addition, standard message and data rates may apply if a person requests the link to Website. Not all mobile devices feature appropriate technology for Sweepstake’s entry; wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
Social Media Additional Entry Restrictions: Any content, material or information included in a post shall not be confidential, proprietary or trade secret. Prospective entrant represents and warrants that the post or caption is their sole, original work and that it does not infringe upon the rights of any other party, including but not limited to any intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any other party. Prospective entrant further represents and warrants that, to the extent applicable, any statements or opinions regarding Sponsor’s products communicated via the post or caption reflect their true and honest opinions as to same; and, prospective entrant further agrees upon Sponsor’s request and without compensation to confirm at future time(s) whether (or not) entrant still holds the same opinions of Sponsor’s products.
Posts containing any lewd or sexually suggestive material will be disqualified. No post or caption shall (a) depict or reference persons consuming alcoholic beverages; (b) reference persons conducting themselves in an inappropriate manner; (c) contain material that would imply that the consumption of alcoholic beverages is acceptable before or while operating machinery, driving a vehicle or undertaking any other activity that requires a high degree of alertness or physical coordination; (d) contain any material that would degrade or demean the human form, image or status of women, men or the members of any group based on race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation or any other minority status. Obscene, provocative, lewd or otherwise objectionable content or those which reflect poorly on the Athletic Brewing Company brand are prohibited and will not result in an additional Sweepstakes entry (even if person posting such photo/caption is eligible for the Sweepstakes) and the determination of the appropriateness of any post or caption is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In addition, a post or caption which is irrelevant to the Sweepstakes theme – i.e., does not include a #GiveDryATry hashtag or mention the Athletic Brewing Company Official social media account – will not result in Sweepstakes entry. Should the Sponsor identify any posts or captions which are violative of the preceding requirements, Sponsor reserves the right to petition Facebook, Inc./Instagram or Twitter, Inc. (as the case may be) to remove such post or caption from the corresponding social media platform and to otherwise take any and all necessary and appropriate actions so as to protect their respective legal rights (this is in addition to the person posting such a post or caption not being entered in the Sweepstakes).
Submission of a post or caption entry grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify the post or caption entry in any way, in whole or in part, and to use the post or caption entry, and any ideas or concepts contained therein, in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to the official Athletic Brewing Company pages on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, on the Athletic Brewing Company website and/or on Sponsor’s other website(s), without limitation or compensation to the entrant and without right of notice, review or approval of any such use of such entry. Submission of a post entry further constitutes the entrant's consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in and to the post entry, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and proprietary rights worldwide.
POSTS OR CAPTIONS POSTED BY PROSPECTIVE ENTRANTS REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE PROSPECTIVE ENTRANTS THEMSELVES AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR WILL NOT REVIEW ANY POST OR CAPTION PRIOR TO THE POSTING OF SAME BY PROSPECTIVE ENTRANTS AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION THEREWITH
- Random Drawing/Winner Notification: Winners will be selected by Administrator in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will take place on or about February 6, 2023.
Winners will be notified by e-mail beginning on or about February 10, 2023.
Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release to be returned within two (2) calendar days of notification (or such shorter amount of time that Sponsor may designate). In the event of noncompliance with the preceding requirement or if potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted by Administrator for any reason within two (2) days or if potential winner of any prize is determined to be ineligible or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules (in the sole discretion of the Sponsor), the corresponding prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner may be selected within two (2) days. Only two (2) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
GRAND PRIZE: ONE (1) Grand Prize Winner will win a trip to Costa Rica for the Winner and ONE (1) Guest. The prize will include standard roundtrip airfare for TWO (2) people, standard hotel accommodations suitable for TWO (2) people for up to FIVE (5) nights, and ground transportation to the resort from the airport and back to the airport from the resort. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $10,000.00.
In connection with travel related to the Grand Prize Trip or any Prize element or activity, please be advised that each Prize Provider's policies, CDC guidelines, and the recommendations of health officials must be followed. In addition, guests should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting any Prize Provider destination. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Prize Provider cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit.
Winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary and must be able to travel on dates as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents and documentation needed. Without limiting the foregoing, airports and hotels are of Sponsor’s sole choosing, and hotel lodging is based upon availability for the dates requested. Winner’s guest must be at least 21 years of age. Travel and lodging are subject to availability and other restrictions; blackout dates may apply. Trip to be taken within one calendar year of Sweepstakes end date. Should Winner choose to accept prize without a guest for any reason, prize will be awarded in increments appropriate for a single traveler and no additional prize or compensation will be awarded. If, for whatever reason, Sponsor is unable to provide any prize element, no compensation or substitution will be provided.
FIRST PRIZE: TEN (10) First Prize Winners will receive ONE (1) WHOOP Band. Each winner will also receive a one-year membership. The total approximate retail value of each first prize is $149.00.
- SECOND PRIZE: ONE HUNDRED (100) Second Prize Winners will receive ONE (1) Athletic Brewing Company branded hat, and ONE (1) Athletic Brewing Company branded water bottle. Size not guaranteed. The total approximate retail value of each second prize is $21.19.
- Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes: $13,609
- Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. Brand names and logos are for prize identification purposes only and do not indicate a partnership or affiliation of any kind.
- Verification of Potential Winners
The awarding of each prize is subject to verification of each potential winner’s eligibility. Winner will be notified by email and/or phone. Winners will be required to furnish valid proof of age in a form prescribed by Sponsor and acceptance (for example, a copy of a valid driver’s license, birth certificate or passport) within one to two days of notification. Paperwork must be filled out and within 2 days. If any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to return the prize claim documents within the stated time period, or if a potential prize winner cannot accept the prize as stated, or if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems a potential winner ineligible to receive the prize for any reason, the corresponding prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded (time permitting) to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining entries received.
Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Winners must be 21 years of age or older. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Any and all guarantees and warranties are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winner agrees to look solely to such entity for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local income taxes.
Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of the Winners. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, Winners shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prize winner from any prize element, based on the background check. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize
- Additional Prize Restrictions
- Limit one (1) prize per person, per family, per household, and per address.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No prize substitution is permitted except at any time by Sponsor as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. Prizes are not transferable without Sponsor’s consent, which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind.
- All expenses not expressly stated in these Official Rules incurred in connection with prize acceptance and use are winner’s sole responsibility.
- All taxes on any prizes are the applicable winner’s sole responsibility. Prize winners may be issued an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) 1099 Form for the value of the Prize and each winner agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor/Administrator in conjunction with same as well as with any other governmental reporting requirements. The preceding includes the provision of his/her Social Security Number via IRS W9 Form.
- Neither Sponsor nor Administrator make any representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind (including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, warranty of title, and warranty against infringement of intellectual property rights of a third party) in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether express or implied by law, course of dealing, use or performance, usage of trade or otherwise.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants, on behalf of themselves and their respective heirs, successors and assigns, agree to waive any and all right to, release and discharge, and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook and their respective officers, directors, managers, employees, agents, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, members, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interests, awards, penalties, fines, losses, damages (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), taxes or expenses (including attorneys' fees), and other liabilities of any kind, directly or indirectly arising out of, attributable to, or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes (including but not limited to (i) the awarding of any prizes or a participant’s acceptance, possession, receipt, use, misuse, loss, or damage of, to or by any prize, and (ii) any use of a participant’s name, biographical information, and likeness as permitted herein), whether arising out of the ordinary negligence of any of the Released Parties or otherwise. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants covenant not to make or bring any such claim against the Released Parties, and forever release and discharge the Released Parties from liability under such claims. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants give permission to Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, licensees, successors, and assigns, and those acting under their authority (“Sponsor Licensees”) to use, and to authorize others to use, such entrants’ name, biographical information, and likeness, throughout the world in all media now known or hereafter existing (including, without limitation, print, packaging, television, radio, film, digital, internet, social media, websites, and mobile apps) in perpetuity for advertising, marketing, publicity, and promotion of Sponsor Licensees, their products and services, the Sweepstakes, and the products and services associated with the Sweepstakes, and for all internal business purposes of the Sponsor Licensees, all without further compensation to, or right of approval of, any entrant.
- Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for (i) lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, inaccessible or jumbled entries, all of which are void; (ii) technological, programming, computer or network malfunctions, failures or errors which disrupt or interfere with the intended operation of the Sweepstakes and/or Website, including but not limited to the receipt of entries, e-mail transmissions and winner notification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes and/or substitute any prize at any time and for any reason or no reason, without notice or further obligation.
- Sponsor and Administrator disclaim any liability for any errors in advertising or offering the Sweepstakes.
- The failure of Sponsor/Administrator to enforce these Official Rules in a given instance will NOT constitute the waiver of such provision.
- The terms of this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the internal laws of the State of Connecticut; that is, without regard to principles of conflict of laws or choice of laws. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a federal or state court located in Fairfield County, Connecticut; entrants agree to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right of change of venue, forum nonconveniens or the like. Entrants further understand and agree that, in any such dispute/cause of action, his/her recovery shall be limited to his/her actual cost of participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) with any right to consequential, incidental, compensatory, punitive or other damages being expressly waived.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE; TO SEEK TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR; OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (AS WELL AS TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES, IF APPLICABLE).
- Winners’ List: Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to ATH4689450W Athletic Brewing Dry January Sweepstakes; P.O. Box 1008, Rocky Hill, CT 06067-1008. Winners’ list requests must be received by February 28, 2023.
© 2022, Athletic Brewing Company LLC