Full Stack Developer
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
We are looking for a Full-stack Shopify Developer to join our growing eCommerce team. This is an incredible opportunity to be the first in-house engineer and build out the engineering function all while supporting being a part of the non-alcoholic revolution in craft beer.
- In-depth knowledge of the Shopify platform and the out of the box capabilities and components.
- Suggest third party plugins to solve feature implementation needs by having an expertise in Solutioning, architecture development and defining platform components.
- Review architecture and design on various aspects like extensibility, scalability, security, design patterns, user experience, NFRs, etc., and ensure that all relevant best practices are followed.
- Expertise in in Shopify design elements (themes, templates, components, Java script, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, 3rd party app integrations, custom build).
- Superb troubleshooting & debugging skills with an interest in staying current and applying the most current best practices.
- Support non-Shopify technical solutions (i.e., Google Analytics event tracking, A/B testing with Google Optimize).
- Contribute to architecture decisions on Shopify integrations (i.e., NetSuite).
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Partner closely with Product Management on scoping and building new features and communicate tradeoffs in MVP.
- Provide accurate LOEs for each feature set.
- Provide feedback/follow requirements from Product Management.
- Provide feedback/follow wireframes and mockups from User Experience.
- Provide feedback on App development.
- Collaborate with external and internal resources and partners on technical solutions.
- Brainstorm on multiple ways to build each feature.
- Out of the box thinking.
- Clean code base.
- Implement Engineering best practices.
- Implement agile methodology for quick iteration releases.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are:
- Honest, Dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate.
- Flexibility to changes in scope, direction and/or new ideas.
- Ability to move quickly on feature requests.
- Ability to receive and act on feedback, bugs, UAT.
- Curious and motivated to learn and take on different functions of the business as needed.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Collaborative team player.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points.
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years with Shopify, JS, HTML/CSS/SASS, PHP, Rest API, GraphQL API, JS SDK, Scripting API and custom theme development
- 5+ years of verifiable experience developing full stack solutions.
- Production experience working with ReactJS or any JS front-end framework.
- Build custom website features and in-house tools from scratch when an out-of-the-box solution is unavailable.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Expertise in REST based implementations with Shopify+
- Knowledge in CMS (Open source or Enterprise scale) will be plus.
- Experience in building new processes from scratch.
- Candidates with start-up experience preferred.
- Experience in Headless commerce implementations will be plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Location: Remote (welcome at breweries in San Diego and Connecticut anytime!)
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- We value internal mobility and team equity
- To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – Full Stack Developer position.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- May sit/stand for several hours at a time.
- Frequent change and/or interruptions, responding to highly stressful situations requiring immediate action, independent judgment, and superior problem-solving abilities.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.