The Compliance Specialist with a focus on Labeling & Marketing will play a critical role in ensuring Athletic Brewing Company’s labeling and marketing materials are compliant with applicable regulations in each market served. The position requires exceptional attention to detail and organization as it will require review of labeling and marketing for compliance with TTB regulations, FDA regulations, FTC standards and international food labeling and marketing regulations. The specialist position requires excellent communication skills and will facilitate compliance by reviewing all materials and providing clear feedback about requirements including changes to applicable regulations or industry standards.
- Review and approve labeling, packaging, and promotional marketing, and advertising for compliance with all federal, state, and international regulations as applicable.
- Provide day-to-day marketing compliance support and act as the key point-of-contact between marketing and QA/Compliance teams.
- Provide support to Sales Territory and Regional managers on applicable state and local laws including trades practices.
- Participate in the development of programs and practices in collaboration with the marketing team to ensure compliance with state, federal, and international labeling, advertising, and promotional marketing requirements.
- Ensure regulatory authorizations where required--including TTB COLAs.
- Track changes to approved labels.
- Research applicable allowable claims and track all marketing claims including maintaining associated documentation.
- Monitor changes in applicable laws, regulations, industry standards and enforcement activities.
- Participate in the research of regulatory risks, document analysis, and communication of recommended or required action.
- Research proposed names/ideas for copyrights and trademarks, track registration timelines of ABC registered marks.
- Build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Who You Are:
- Personal curiosity in improving skills.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, listening, critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills.
- Honest, Dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate.
- Independent operator - disciplined and self-driven.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple
- Comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2-year work experience/internship in brewery/food
- Familiarity with some TTB, FDA, and FTC regulations also
- Experience with Microsoft Office or Google Drive Suite
- BS in Sciences, Communications, Operations, or Regulatory Affairs or equivalent degree
- Location: Remote- welcome at breweries anytime
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – Compliance Specialist
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to conduct work in a sitting position primarily; however, the job requires walking, bending, stooping, and lifting.
- May sit/stand for several hours at a time.
- Frequent change and/or interruptions, responding to highly stressful situations requiring immediate action, independent judgment, and superior problem-solving abilities.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.