Named by Fast Company Magazine as one of the “Brands That Matter” in 2021 and recognized as Craft Brewery of the Year by Brewbound, Athletic Brewing Company is reimagining beer for the modern, active adult. Their great-tasting craft brews provide a refreshing taste of craft beer, without the alcohol or the hangover. With custom breweries on the east and west coasts, their lineup has earned accolades throughout the industry, even against full-strength beers, including the 2021 US Open Beer Awards Gold medal for Run Wild. Additionally, Athletic Brewing’s “Two for the Trails” initiative donates 2% of all sales to trail and park cleanups and maintenance. Plus, as a part of their IMPACT Program, 1% of revenue goes to non-profit organizations that support positive impact and opportunity from the ground up in their communities. Athletic Brewing’s full portfolio of flagships, seasonal, and specialty beers is available for purchase on its website, www.athleticbrewing.com
, as well as the company’s subscription offering – The Athletic Club.
As an Athletic Brewing College Ambassador, you will be tasked with making Athletic Brewing a household name on your college campus. Your role is to raise awareness of the Athletic Brewing brand, our products, and the values the company stands for with your community.
What are the goals of an Athletic Brewing College Ambassador, Campus Captain?
Drive awareness of the Athletic Brewing brand mainly through beer samplings on and around your campus, focused on your fellow students.
Start and grow relationships with student leadership organizations and key stakeholders on your campus across athletics, dining, student life, etc.
Provide feedback of product reviews and insights into your college campus culture.
College Ambassadors can expect to earn up to $2,400 per semester and work a flexible schedule of approximately 10 hours per week. This semester-long program will require a complementary mix of marketing, sales, networking, leadership development, industry insight, communication skills and social media savvy to excel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executing multiple weekly events handing out an agreed upon amount of Athletic brews.
- Executing one large monthly event handing out an agreed upon amount of Athletic brews.
- Connecting with an agreed upon amount of campus-based student groups.
- Promote Athletic Brewing on your personal social media.
- Weekly check-ins with manager.
- Promoting and practicing sustainable actions and sharing Athletic Brewing values through our Two for the Trails and JEDI programs.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders on your campus and identify ways to improve Athletic Brewing’s presence on your campus.
- A financial incentives schedule will be available upon job offer.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Must be enrolled in college; Juniors and Seniors are preferred.
- Open to all majors but must have an interest in marketing and/or sales.
- Experience in event or social media marketing.
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Sharing Athletic Brewing values is a must.
- 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Location: University of Texas (Austin)
- Salary: hourly rate $14/hr. - 10 hours per week
- Schedule: August 20, 2022 - December 20, 2022
- To apply, please submit your application on the job board.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 20 pounds without assistance. This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
We value internal mobility and team equity. We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community. We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.