Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
We are seeking a Category Manager to join our team. A successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight, and then provide those insights to the NAM team. A significant part of this role will be working with our NAM team on category management initiatives as retailers look to optimize the size & space of their N/A beer sets. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Athletic Brewing and is looking for an opportunity to contribute significantly to the growth of this exciting business.
- Develop impactful category analyses and consumer insights using a range of syndicated and non-syndicated data sources
- Oversee and maintain our data subscriptions
- Work with NAM’s to buildout retailer specific POGs driven by data + insights
- Responsible for staying on top of consumer and industry trends by consistently reading industry publications, reports, and articles.
- Analysis of sales trends pertinent to chain distribution and volume.
- Report sales variances, big or small, to the NAM team.
- Work with NAM team to prioritize business and information needs.
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Create, maintain, and communicate all standardized reporting for the NAM team; update and maintain the pitch decks and presentations; create and generate monthly IRI/Nielsen reports.
- Synthesize learnings from various sources (shopper data, scan data, custom research) to create clear and impactful selling stories in a visually appealing manner using PowerPoint
- Support NAM team with data driven proposals and key insights to improve account development.
- Use graphs, infographics, and other methods to visualize data.
- Establish and maintain chain specific SOP’s and file maintenance.
- Create reports for internal teams and/or external clients.
- Track sales in chains to ensure execution for all authorizations.
- Provide ongoing support and data for the Sales Team
- Maintain accurate account data in VIP
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are:
- Passion, integrity, honest, dependability, attention to detail
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality
- Independent operator- disciplined and self-driven
- Personal curiosity in improving systems and data
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management or Statistics valued
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role or field is a plus
- Excellent analytical, communication, detail orientation and organizational skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as with NAM team
- Strong working knowledge of Office, Google, and VIP
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- IRI/Nielsen data proficient valued
- Location: Remote – Closer to San Diego / Milford Breweries preferred.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantitiy.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses. *
- Benefits: Company Paid health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- To apply, please click here.
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- If you are applying from CO, please email email@example.com - subject job title CO salary request to receive compensation range based on COL for CO.
- May sit/stand for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.