Brewing Team Member - San Diego, CA
SEEKING a versatile, passionate brewer interested in making high-quality beer in an innovative segment of the craft beer market to join our growing team in San Diego, CA! Athletic Brewing is pioneering a revolution in non-alcoholic craft beer. The opportunity this role affords can be as expansive in a rapidly growing company. You will be working alongside an award-winning head brewer tackling unique challenges. We would love to further discuss our vision for the brand, impact, and how you can be a big part in it playing out.
- Reports to Brewing Supervisor
- Participate in all aspects of wort production including but not limited to:
- Receiving/storing ingredients, milling, weighing, mashing, boiling, transfer, inoculation, aeration, monitoring and recording in written and digital format
- Participate in all aspects of cellar activity including but not limited to:
- Monitoring and recording, CIP’s and SIP’s, yeast handling, filtration, cleaning, transfers.
- Professional and meticulous use of all chemicals in brewery
- Assists in quality assurance by doing DO measurements, CIP verification, PH and Gravity readings.
- Works with facility cleaning and maintenance to verify a clean and safe working environment
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Brewing degree not required but considered favorably.
- Experience in cellaring and brewing production valued.
- Strong technical understanding of brewing process and sanitation.
- Experience with tools valued.
- Experience with sanitation and cleaning systems valued.
Skills and Traits:
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of running a brewhouse - safely lift, climb stairs, clean, etc.
- Personal curiosity in improving systems.
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers.
- Passionate interest for the brewing industry and community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
- Email email@example.com with the subject brewer apply.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- Weekend availability required. The position will train Monday - Friday but will transition to rotating shifts for 7 day QA coverage.