Brewery Mechanic - San Diego, CA
Athletic is seeking a versatile Brewery Mechanic to join their team. This is an opportunity to contribute to the growth of an exciting company in the fastest-growing segment of beer. This teammate will be responsible for the maintenance and knowledge of all machines under the roof in our San Diego, CA facility. From day 1, they will be an important member of our team with plenty of opportunity to grow. This is a full-time salaried position with full benefits – mental, dental, vision, life, 401k.
- Develop and maintain Preventative Maintenance and Comprehensive Cleaning plan for all Athletic equipment and facilities. Should be broken down on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual plan
- Execute and track all PM on all facility equipment
- Execute and track all Comprehensive Cleaning at Athletic facilities
- Works with third parties to ensure all PM is executed on all equipment not owned/operated by ABC
- Working with Brewing, Food Safety and Q/A , Packing and Facility team on projects to improve functionality, efficiency and safety. Will report directly to Brewery Maintenance Lead.
- Work with vendors and contractors to execute planned repairs, installs, expansions and upgrades
- Relevant equipment to-date: Krones Canning Line, Centrifuge, Centrifugal Pump, Air Compressor, Canning Line, Brewing systems, Depalletizer, Date Coder, Labeler, Glycol Chillers, Forklifts (PIT’s), Augers, Mill, Central drains, Silo’s, Boilers, Valves, Pneumatics, HMI’s, Trucks, Pasteurizer, conveyance, rigging, etc..
- Preferred experience in: Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatics, Plumbing, Automation/Programming, Chemical engineering.
- No formal college degree required, however certificates of training in the technical skills above a plus.
- Experience with tools valued.
- Experience with sanitation and cleaning systems valued.
Skills and Traits:
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of working in a brewery - safely lift, climb stairs, clean, etc.
- Personal curiosity in improving systems.
- Desire to have a positive impact.
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.