Brewery Manager - Stratford, CT
SEEKING a versatile, passionate brewery manager interested in leading a high-quality team and ensuring the production of high-quality beer in an innovative segment of the craft beer market. The brewery manager oversees and leads all site specific brewery operations are running at the highest efficiency while not sacrificing quality. Athletic Brewing is pioneering a revolution in non-alcoholic craft beer. The opportunity this role affords can be as expansive in a rapidly growing company. You will be working alongside an award-winning brewing team and a cutting edge facilities team tackling unique challenges and assisting in commissioning a brand new automated 100bbl brewhouse in a facility capable of producing 400k bbls. We would love to further discuss our vision for the brand, impact, and how you can be a big part in it playing out.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures for the brewery.
- Analyzes performance in comparison to operating plans and provides the brewing team with direction based on results.
- Ensuring Food Safety Protocols are followed in accordance with the Food Safety Plan and GMP’s through internal audits, training and continuous improvement.
- Analyzes and approves plans for product output, inventory/raw materials, and maintenance.
- Works with procurement to ensure raw materials arrive in a timely manner, align with costs, and uphold the quality standards for recipes.
- Ensures all safety standards are being followed and conducts regular inspections and meetings in collaboration with ABC’s EHS and OSHA Director.
- Responsible for training, scheduling, and developing brewing team members
- Manages and leads the brewery team by providing performance feedback, scheduling workforce, and recruiting new team members.
- Manages sanitation standards, cleaning scheduling, preventative maintenance of all brewing equipment.
- Participates in R&D and helps maintain a creative environment by scheduling collaborative and experimental brews with the team.
- Participates in external collaborations and planning.
- Works closely with Production/Ops, EHS, Food Safety and the Quality departments.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Brewing degree not required but considered favorably.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in brewing Science, lab operations and data collection a plus
- Minimum of 5 years experience in brewing in a commercial brewery with a minimum of one year in a leadership role
- Strong technical understanding of brewing process and sanitation.
- Experience with sanitation and cleaning systems valued.
- Experience in brewery commissioning and building, reading PID’s
- Experience in automated systems, programming, Netsuite systems a plus
Skills and Traits :
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of running a brewhouse - safely lift, climb stairs, clean, etc.
- Personal curiosity in improving systems.
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers.
- Passionate interest for the brewing industry and community.
- Location: Stratford, CT.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
- Email email@example.com with the subject Brewery Manager to apply.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.