Brewery Direct Sales Manager
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
We are seeking a versatile, passionate Brewery Direct Sales Manager interested in making waves in an innovative segment of the craft beer market. Athletic Brewing is pioneering a revolution in non-alcoholic craft beer. The opportunity this role affords is expansive in a rapidly growing company, and a new and burgeoning business channel. As team members, the Brewery Direct Sales Manager will operate with a high degree of independence and tackle unique challenges as we ignite this new segment. This role will encompass several different sales channels, although it will ultimately navigate the ecommerce sales space. While you will wear many hats, we place a very high value on work/life balance and offer above industry pay with full-time benefits. We would love to further discuss our vision for the brand, impact, and how you can be a big part in it playing out.
The Brewery Direct Sales Manager may live in different locations, separate from our headquarters in Stratford, CT or other brewery location in San Diego, CA, however visits to our Stratford headquarters or San Diego brewery location will be required. The territory will be both nationwide in the United States along with international growth potential.
- Represent Athletic Brewing's values and mission.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with retail clients nationwide and international with an emphasis on customer experience.
- Drive sales volume by identifying new opportunities, active selling, and motivating retailers to prioritize brand focus.
- Work with key retail buyers on account level support including sales presentations, events, and samplings at key accounts.
- Forecasting production needs with brewery team and coordinating logistics with Ecommerce and shipping department.
- Optimize current logistics, operations, and customer experience inputs/outputs.
- Work closely with the sales department on in-bound opportunities as well as potential account level transitions from Brewery Direct program to 3-tier distribution.
- Develop and implement sales, digital marketing, and promotion strategies as part of overall Athletic sales/marketing strategies.
- Periodically visit new and existing retail opportunities on a regular basis - both traditional and non-traditional for our innovative segment, on-and-off premise.
- Execute sell-through and merchandising initiatives for retail accounts to increase consumer trial and engagement, including creative approaches.
- Coordinate event and sponsorship schedule, evaluate ROI of opportunities with marketing team.
- Resolve client and customer complaints and issues quickly and professionally.
- Develop promotional budget for key accounts and relationships.
- Accurately track all expenses and inventory from POS to sampling.
- Keep diligent records of all elements of trade performance (everything from volumes/velocity to reactions to promotional budgeting).
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Traits:
Who You Are:
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of delivering beer and setting up at festivals - safely lift, climb stairs, clean, etc.
- Must be able to travel freely and regularly when required.
- Independent operator - disciplined and self-driven, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Good communicator and team player, ability to build meaningful relationships with new contacts and motivate.
- Personal curiosity in improving systems.
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers.
- Passionate interest for the brewing industry and community.
- Available to work nights/weekends from time-to-time.
- Beverage/CPG/restaurant industry experience valued.
- Ecommerce and digital marketing experience valued (Fintech, NetSuite, Shopify, Google listings, etc.).
- Cicerone level one completion valued.
- Strong computer skills and savvy valued.
- Clean driving record.
- 4-year college degree valued.
- Location: Work from home/road
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave.
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
- To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – Brewery Direct Sales Manager.
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- May sit/stand for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.