Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
Seeking a versatile, passionate Brewer interested in making high-quality beer in an innovative segment of the craft beer market. Athletic Brewing is pioneering a revolution in non-alcoholic craft beer. The opportunity this role affords can be as expansive in a rapidly growing company. You will be working alongside an award-winning head brewer tackling unique challenges. We would love to further discuss our vision for the brand, impact, and how you can be a big part in it playing out.
- Reports to Brewery Manager
- Participate in all aspects of wort production including but not limited to:
- Receiving/storing ingredients, milling, weighing, mashing, boiling, transfer, inoculation, aeration, monitoring and recording in written and digital format
- Participate in all aspects of cellar activity including but not limited to:
- Monitoring and recording, CIP’s and SIP’s, yeast handling, filtration, cleaning, transfers.
- Professional and meticulous use of all chemicals in the brewery
- Assists in quality assurance by performing DO measurements, CIP verification, PH and Gravity readings.
- Works with facility cleaning and maintenance to verify a clean and safe working environment.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are:
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of running a brewhouse - safely lift, climb stairs, clean, etc.
- Personal curiosity in improving systems.
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers.
- Passionate interest for the brewing industry and community.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in cellaring and brewing production valued.
- Strong technical understanding of brewing process and sanitation.
- Experience with tools valued.
- Experience with troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Experience operating both manual and automated brewing equipment.
- Experience with sanitation and cleaning systems valued.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Brewing degree not required but considered favorably.
- Strong communication skills to work interdepartmentally.
- Location: New Haven County, CT.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Full time position with weekend availability required.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave.
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- To apply, email email@example.com with the subject – Connecticut Brewer.
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.