Associate Product Manager
Associate Product Manager (eCommerce, Content)
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
● Implement Large Product Initiatives & Features: work with the Senior Product
Manager to steer roadmap items to completion, A/B test, and project manage toward deliverables and deadlines
● Daily Scrum:
○ Backlog and sprint management: partner with developer(s), UX Designer(s)
and business stakeholder(s) to prioritize features and bugs, and respond to issues that may arise during development
○ Bug scrubbing: intake and prioritize reported bugs, troubleshoot and QA for bug fixes and code releases
● Day to day site management, including (but not limited to): Managing Shopify access, vetting and setting up apps, setup and maintenance of international stores, promo code management, PDP creation, updating site content, translations, etc.
● Site & marketplace content management: Accountable for accurate, timely publishing of all global product content and data, including all product copy, product reviews, categories, and site navigation
● Manage SOPs: Develop processes and procedures to ensure that all new products are identified and ready for launch on website(s) in advance of inventory arrival
● Marketing channel coordination: Assist in daily tasks of coordinating marketing campaigns across various platforms, such as email, sms, and social media. Partner with the marketing team to develop email templates and coding as needed.
● Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are:
● Personal curiosity in improving personal skills and overall site standards
● Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads in a busy environment
● Fact-based decision maker, using analytics and testing to determine best practices
● Honest, dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate.
Skills and Experience:
○ 1-2 years Project/Product management, preferably in eCommerce, digital content
○ 1+ years working with third party software vendors
○ Shopify experience preferred, but not required
○ Knowledge of SEO to ensure product copy meets current SEO requirements
● Computer Skills:
○ Technical knowledge and a general understanding of application stacks
○ 1+ years eCommerce, content/CMS, or similar
● Certificates, Licenses, registrations:
○ Scrum certificate and/or training preferred, not required
○ Project and/or content management preferred, not required
● Location: San Diego, CA or Remote
● Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
● Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid
● Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave,
all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or
professional development activities.
● To apply, email email@example.com with the subject – Associate Product Manager
● We value internal mobility and team equity.
● We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
● We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
● The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to conduct work in a sitting position primarily; however, the job requires walking, bending, stooping, and lifting.
● May sit/stand for several hours at a time.
● Frequent change and/or interruptions, responding to highly stressful situations requiring
immediate action, independent judgment, and superior problem-solving abilities.
● Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
● Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.