Assistant Brewer - CT & SD
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
Seeking a versatile, passionate Assistant Brewer interested in making high-quality beer in an innovative segment of the craft beer market. Athletic Brewing is pioneering a revolution in non-alcoholic craft beer. The opportunity this role affords can be as expansive in a rapidly growing company. You will be working alongside an award-winning head brewer tackling unique challenges. We would love to further discuss our vision for the brand, impact, and how you can be a big part in it playing out.
- Reports to Brewery Supervisor / Brewery Manager
- The Brewer in Training role will learn the brewing process by starting in the cellar and learning the basic sanitary practices involved in brewing. Sanitation activities include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning floors, drains, tank faces, sanitizing brewing parts.
- Participate in all aspects of wort production to assist the brewing team including but not limited to:
- Receiving/storing ingredients, milling, weighing, mashing, boiling, transfer, inoculation, aeration, monitoring and recording in written and digital format
- Assist the brewing team with all cellar activity including but not limited to:
- Monitoring and recording, CIP’s and SIP’s, yeast handling, filtration, cleaning, transfers.
- Professional and meticulous use of all chemicals in brewery
- Assists in quality assurance by doing DO measurements, CIP verification, PH and Gravity readings.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are:
- Personal curiosity in improving skills.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, listening, critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills.
- Honest, Dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Brewing degree not required but considered favorably.
- Experience in cellaring and brewing production is valued.
- Previous food production experience is valued.
- Experience with tools valued.
- Experience with sanitation and cleaning systems valued.
- Location: San Diego, CA or Milford, CT
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Company paid health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- To apply click here
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds without assistance. This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.