Activation Team Manager
Athletic is on a mission to revolutionize the beer industry by making fantastic and ground-breaking non-alcoholic beverages. We are excited to be on the search for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team. At Athletic and through our products, we believe we can have a positive impact on the health, activity, and opportunity in our communities - we actively seek representation from all diverse communities to continue to broaden our horizons.
Athletic is seeking a passionate team member to lead our efforts as we double down on our community engagement. This teammate will lead an activation team of over fifteen individuals and report to the Chief Sales Officer. The activation team will lead Athletic’s local community presence at events and samplings, and this individual will be responsible for hiring, training, and coordinating the team. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing and better-for-you CPG company at a manager level.
- Oversee an activation team of about 15 community specialists (to start)
- Lead the year-round onboarding and training of the activation team
- Thoughtfully recruit teammates who are excited about the Athletic brand ethos and mission
- Train, coordinate, and elevate team members for potential promotions within the company.
- Work with the sales, marketing, and sports teams to coordinate which events need the most support and team focus
- Build working relationships with race directors, event coordinators, and other key POC’s
- For each team member, coordinate a balance of weekly sports/event activations and traditional grocery samplings. Establish KPI’s for both individuals and the broader team.
- Coordinate logistics of activation team to do 3 sports or community events on weekends per month
- Work with sales & marketing leadership to establish goals and KPI's and feedback loops
- Help our local Territory Managers to be stronger and more localized reps in their community outside of the standard account visits by being a voice and POC for non-traditional distribution elements.
- Work with marketing teams and sales teams to evaluate ROI of both time and money of a wide variety of events
- Evaluate new opportunities, approach decision makers, and present the Athletic brand with efficient and powerful stories
- Create annual plans and strategies for the team
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Experience/ Traits
Who You Are:
- Personal curiosity in improving skills.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, listening, critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills.
- Honest, Dependable, high integrity, team player, and passionate.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- Previous experience managing a sales, activation, or sports team
- CPG or beer industry experience a plus
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in hiring, team building, and advancing one’s team through mentorship
- Effective communication, organization, presentation, administrative and logistical skills
- Conducts work in a sitting position primarily; however, job requires walking, bending, stooping, and lifting. As well as required to lift to 50 pounds at times in moving event equipment and beer.
- Significant travel and driving is expected.
- Location: Remote – Positive if near San Diego or Connecticut
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary and opportunities for performance bonuses.*
- Benefits: Company Paid health, vision, dental, life, 401k with 5% company match, and Paid Parental Leave
- Community Program/Professional Development: In addition to Vacation and Sick Leave, all team members receive 12 paid days per year to dedicate to volunteering or professional development activities.
- To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – Team Activation Manager
- We value internal mobility and team equity.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.
- We encourage and welcome members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
- * If you are applying from CO, please email email@example.com - subject job title CO salary request to receive compensation range based on COL for CO.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to conduct work in a sitting position primarily; however, the job requires walking, bending, stooping, and lifting.
- May sit/stand for several hours at a time.
- Frequent change and/or interruptions, responding to highly stressful situations requiring immediate action, independent judgment, and superior problem-solving abilities.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.